Friday, March 1, 2013

First Base?


   
   As of 9:40 a.m. today, a re-formatting of the ebook to a doc file is now bought and paid for. Things are flowing more easily now, precisely--Cathy and I agree--because we've relaxed, taken the pressure off ourselves and begun to realize that we're playing a sub-game in the larger Human Game. The game's the thing. More of today's featured  buzz phrases: "Process oriented"-- "It's the journey, not the destination" -- "The journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step"-- "One small step for mankind, one giant leap . . . " No, wait! That's for another accomplishment, reached way-back when the requisite personal taxes for such an incredible Giant Leap were minuscule compared to what we pay now for mere survival baby steps!

   But even that's just another game, an illusion of larger Consciousness that knows precisely how the game fits for you. Hard to recognize at first, but money and finances comprise one of the most populated sub-games on the planet. In fact, we're all forced to play it, usually all of our adult lifetimes. For me, it's been the top-most stressor since I was 16 years old. (2nd place on the Personal Stress Meter was love relationships...hence the ebook!)  Decades before I started practicing different, more workable attitudes toward money I was almost always in a confounding state of low-level anxiety over money, bills, finances, etc. I've worked with myself for years and years, and am STILL working. If there's such a thing as karma, it's a good bet I was once a wealthy king who made the people of his land starve while I dined on venison and beer, sitting, coolly complacent, on my golden throne. LOL! And that's just another story, made up as an explanation for my recurring blocks. The stories we create when we want explanations instead of embarking on solutions! I highly recommend Busting Loose from the Money Game by Robert Scheinfeld  for an exciting and insightful introduction to what's really going on here in the Human Game.

    So far business has been writing, procrastinating, spending, waiting and paper filing (gotta get to that!) instead of  reimagination, compensation, relation and infatuation. See, I need to be infatuated, or sincerely attracted to, the game I've chosen. I watch myself lolling on first base, only mildly inspired,  and seek the kindest cattle prod to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment